The Holland Land Office Museum
Saved by demolition by Batavian educator John Kennedy and Batavia High School Class of 1894, this building became the Holland land Office Museum on October 13, 1894.
|Recently found photograph of the Holland Land Office, Circa 1890.
When this picture was taken, the building was being temporarily used
as a tenement for migrant farm workers.
The East Wing Gallery Room
Preparing for the 2012 Annual Wonderland of Trees event
View the Veteran's Memorial Quilt hanging on the North Wall.
The Joseph Ellicott Gallery
Learn how over 3 million acres of land in Western New York State was surveyed using links, chains and surveying tools. Soon, this gallery will be closed for renovation. Plans are to return this gallery to recreate Jospeh Ellicott's actual office when this building was the land office in 1815.
Barber and Charlotte Conable Gallery
In Honor of Barber and Charlotte Conable, this gallery displays artifacts representing 200 years of history collected from around Genesee County and Western New York. Occasionally, this gallery also houses temporary exhibits, and at Christmas time, transforms into Christmas traditions of the past.
The Pioneer Kitchen
An eclectic mixture of household artifacts housed in what is believed to be the original kitchen of the Holland Land Office.
Robert Morris Gallery (West Wing)
Named after Robert Morris,...., this gallery displays recents acquistions to the museum's collection. The largest room in the musuem, this gallery is available for group meetings or special events.
Barber Conable Exhibit
(Currently closed for renovations)
Barber Conable, Congress Representative, Genesee County resident and past President of the World Bank, this gallery, donated by Mr. Lynn Brown, houses mementos of his life.
The Museum Gibbet
||Re-discovered in 1982 in an Oakfield, NY barn, the museum's gibbet was built in 1859 and three condemned people were hanged on this particular gibbet. Learn about this gibbet and the difference between a gibbet and gallows at the museum.